Thank you for supporting Read This Instead.
This website, “Read This Instead” operating at “https://www.readthisinstead.com” (the “Site”), is for general information purposes only and is created, written, managed, and edited only by “the Author”, Niña Ricci who is not an expert but just a well-read individual sharing her insights on life and things.
The Author has worked hard to provide its users accurate information that can help them understand more about the topics accommodated on the Site, but the Author does not in any way guarantee, represent, or warrant, expressed or implied, that the use and access of this Site will be uninterrupted and error-free, so additional research is always advised.
All information on the Site are only those made by the Author alone and not of any other person/s or entities for their benefit. However, it is not the Author’s intention to harm, slander, defame, injure nor libel any company, individual or any other entity. The Author will not be held liable nor be held to compensate you in any way whatsoever if you ever happen to suffer a loss/injury/inconvenience/damage because of the recommendations, advice, techniques, and/or ideas presented in the Site.
Concurrently, comments on this Site are under the responsibility of their writers and they will take full liability and responsibility for any injury/damage/legal cases that will occur from their sentiment. Under no circumstance does the Author condone, endorse, or take responsibility in any case that this Site be unintentionally linked to obscene, pornographic, disgusting, hostile or offensive web pages.
Intellectual & Copyright Policy
All material used in this site are intellectual properties of the Author unless otherwise stated. All material, photos or text that aren’t from the Author are credited and linked to their outside sources and are believed to be in public domain and readily available on the Internet.
Any material on this website is not to be used by any commercial or personal entity without expressed written consent of the Author. If you would like to use any of the media or text presented in the Site, you can contact me through: [email protected]
Last updated: February 3, 2021
The security of your Personal Information is important to the Author, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. While the Author strives to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Data Collection and Use
The Site relies on third-party services as data processors for various aspects of the Site including but not limited to analytics, user commenting, and hosting. Some of these websites operate within the Site as WordPress plugins and overlays. Any website, plug-in, overlay, or embedded media used by Read This Instead on the Site is herein referred to as a “Third-Party Service”. Each third-party service provider’s use of your personal information is dictated by their respective privacy policies.
The Site currently uses the following Third-Party Services:
- Google Analytics – this service tracks the Site’s usage and provides information such as referring websites and user actions on the Site. Google Analytics may capture your IP address, but no other personal information is captured by Google Analytics.
This list may be amended from time to time at the Site’s discretion.
While using our Site, it may ask you to provide certain personally identifiable information when leaving a comment, subscribing to a mailing list, or sending a contact form which may include but is not limited to your email address and/or full name (“Personal Data”).
Like many site operators, the Site collects information that your browser sends whenever you visit any page on the Site (“Log Data”).
This Log Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, operating system type, browser type, browser version, referring websites, the pages of the Site that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages and other statistics.
Cookies are files with a small amount of data, which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a web site and stored on your computer’s hard drive.
Like many sites, the Site uses “cookies” to collect information. You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. Furthermore, already set cookies may be deleted at any time via an Internet browser or any other software programs. This is possible in all popular Internet browsers. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Site.
The Site may use both session cookies, which expire when you close your browser, and persistent cookies, which stay on your browser until deleted, to provide you with a more personalized experience on the Site.
Read This Instead will only use your information for functions that we believe are necessary to operate the Site or to protect the security or proper functioning of the Site. The information collected may be used in any of the following ways:
- To operate and maintain the Site;
- To make the Site more useful to you;
- To send you promotional information, such as newsletters and any promotional articles;
- To send you administrative communications, such as administrative emails, confirmation emails, technical notices, updates on policies, or security alerts;
- To respond to your comments or inquiries;
- To provide you with user support;
- To track and measure advertising on the Site;
- To protect, investigate, and deter against unauthorized or illegal activity;
- To improve your personal experience with the Site; and,
- To help the Author better understand its readers and audience.
Secure Browsing Options
Some major websites and services provide options for opting out of tracking and other Log Data and Personal Data collection, and for those that don’t, most major browsers have tools or extensions that help you protect your data. The Author has provided some resources and suggestions that may help you control the way websites (including this Site) can use and store your online data but none of this should be taken as legal advice.
- To opt out of Google Analytics tracking: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
- To opt out of targeted advertising by Google: https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous
- To opt out of the mailing list, you can choose to follow the unsubscribe links in the emails or you may also notify the Author at [email protected]
- To access the personal information the Site has about you, you can submit a request to [email protected]
- To amend or update your personal data, you may contact me at [email protected]
- In certain situations, you may request that I remove your personal data. To do so, please submit a request to [email protected] This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
The Site does not knowingly collect any personally identifiable information from children under the age of 16. If a parent or guardian believes that the Site has personally identifiable information of a child under the age of 16 in its database, please contact the Author immediately at [email protected] and the Author shall use any effort to promptly remove such information from the Site’s records.